The start of a potential partnership, employment, lease or any other agreement is based on trust. Screening is something you do openly and without secrecy, but it requires good and clear communication in advance.
Add this information to the corporate website, to the dedicated job-tabs and to the online CV-portal. Include it in job postings and mention it in the job offer/proposal. Not sure what to say? The most important is to be specific. Explain what you do, why and who you have engaged (if you use a professional screening company) to assist in the process.
Obtain a consent
It is important to inform, but still only half the job. The process also requires that the candidate agrees to the background check, which is why the information provided must be clear and on time. Only then can the candidate know what is agreed to.
Processing of personal data shall be based on voluntary, explicit and informed consent. The document is the written proof that the candidate has accepted the process.
IMPORTANT TO REMEMBER: A consent is always voluntary. No one can be forced to accept background check.
General requirements for a consent
- In writing and in a format that can easily be communicated
- Sontains candidate name, date of birth and contact details
- Explains the purpose; what is the consent given to
- Contains name and contact details of the screener / data processor
- Signed and dated, and may also specify duration / validity
- In a language the candidate understands